My Office, My Home

 


To our team, their office can become a second Home. In this blog series, we explore different spaces around CHOY's campus to peek into the day-to-day lives of our team members.


Hannah has been at CHOY since November 2020. As part of our Permanency Team, Hannah is the Resource Family Coordinator. When a new Resource Family comes to CHOY, they are paired with Hannah for the first 90 days, getting introduced to the CHOY and the rest of our team.


My Door

“I love to post the events that are happening around campus. The current flyers are all ones I’ve had a hand in coordinating. These events allow me to give our families resources through training and supplies that can help support them and their chosen family. My schedule can get pretty crazy, so my whiteboard helps me quickly let the rest of my team know where I am if they can’t find me!”




My Letterboard

“Sometimes you just need a little laugh. I use my letterboard to share funny sayings and I change it up every so often. Right now, it reads ‘I wonder what my job description says today?’ I will always help where I can, and my team knows that. I feel like this encompasses how you never know exactly what to expect day-to-day.”

 


My Bachelor's Degree

“I got my degree in Family Sociology at Lebanon Valley College. I love studying and understanding how a person’s experience, whether good or bad, affects familial relationships. My degree allows me to help families as they explore their new life through foster care of adoption.”


Pictures of Family and Friends

“I love my family and friends. They always motivate me to be a better version of myself - especially my dog!”


 

To learn more about Hannah and the rest of our team, please visit our website at www.childrenshomeofyork.org.

Comments

Popular Posts