My Office, My Home

 


To our team, their office can become a second Home. In this blog series, we explore different spaces around CHOY's campus to peek into the day-to-day lives of our team members.

 

Terri has been at CHOY since 2005! Starting as a youth counselor after finishing her undergrad, Terri continued to excel and now serves as the agency's Director of Quality and Compliance. Most recently, Terri graduated with a master's degree in social work. She has grown tremendously since starting her professional career at CHOY, which is reflected in her office space.


My Photo Board

“I keep this board full of pictures of my family and friends - which includes some of my coworkers over the years. When I look at this, it makes me happy. Everyone has rough days once in a while, so these reminders of who is there for me both in my personal life and here at work make me feel a little better."



My Donkey

“At a moment in CHOY's history, we housed a donkey in downtown York City. I can't think of what kind of work the team at the time put in to keeping farm animals in an urban space. In my role, you can face a lot of obstacles and challenges. The donkey reminds me how CHOY has overcome struggles in the past, and how we will continue to do so."


 


My Leadership York Award

“Earlier this year, I was awarded Leadership York's Alumni in Action Award. Outside of work, I serve on the Board of Directors for both DreamWrights and the Pennsylvania Council of Children, Youth, and Family Services. It's an honor to see my commitment to serving the youth of our community recognized."




My Favorite Quotes

“These two quotes in particular remind me, in my line of work, to step outside of my comfort zone to make real change. In social work, that one extra step can often lead to a breakthrough."


 

To learn more about Terri and the rest of our team, please visit our website at www.childrenshomeofyork.org.

Comments

Popular Posts